Friday, June 29, 2012

My testimony


So God has done some crazy things in my life this year, but especially this week. I'm going to share my testimony and I encourage you to read it to the end!
Okay, so I grew up going to church every Sunday and Wednesday. I knew that my parents werent going to let me get out of going to church, and when I was sick and had to stay home, I would be excited! But on June 12, 2002 I got saved. I wish I could tell you about that night, but unfortunately, I dont remember that night. The only reason why I know the date is because it was written in the Bible Id recieved upon my salvation. I dont know if I felt any conviction, of if I just wanted to get saved because a friend wanted to. I dont know if I meant what I prayed or if I even knew what the gospel truely was. 
After that, I had gotten baptised, but the only reason why I know that is because people have told me. I dont even remember the day or moment I got baptised. For some reason I thought it was okay that I didnt remember it. But growing up, I didnt really crave a personal relationship with God, rather just trying to follow his word and be a good person and live a good life so people knew I was a Christian. I had never once doubted my salvation, but I would get jealous to others who were growing close to God and I wasnt and I didnt know why. I had never doubted my salvation because I thought since I wanted to be good and obey the Bible that I was saved, but just because youre a good person doesnt mean that you deserve to get into Heaven, you have to have that personal relationship with God. 
Anyways, this week I kept having thoughts in my head like, "I cant even remember when I got saved, am I saved?" and I would tell myself, "Yes of course you are, you are a good person and you read your Bible and blah blah blah" Well when invitation time came, I got this weird feeling kind of like butterflies, but butterflies are in your stomach, and this was in my heart. I kept ignoring it, and I told my friend Bethany Bumpers what was going on and she just told me to pray that if I wasnt saved that God would keep convicting me, but if I really was saved then to take the doubt away. Anytime a preacher preached, I couldnt focused because my thoughts were just invaded with doubts and conviction. 
Now before I had gone down the isle, new thoughts entered my mind. "What will people think about me?" "Will they make fun of me?" But then I realized, that 1. My eternal soul is at stake 2. If they are truely saved, then they will be happy for me and 3. I dont care what anyone thinks! Going down the isle took alot of humility and it made me realize how prideful I really was. But I took my pride level down, and humility up and walked down the isle.
On Wednesday June 27, 2012 I went down to go pray to have the conviction stop, and before I could start praying, I just started crying and I couldnt stop. I knew then that the conviction was so overwhelming that God was telling me that I needed to get saved because I never truely had when I was six. 
After church I went to Bethany Bumpers and we went to a room. I knew that I needed to get saved, so she prayed for me and then I got down on my knees and I admitted that I was a sinner and needed God. I believed that God sent his only son Jesus to earth to live a perfect life and he died on the cross for my sins, but rose 3 days later and is living in Heaven and is soon to return for his children soon! I confessed my sins and right then I knew God was living in my heart.
After that, it was just like I had been carrying a backpack all week, and finally I got to take it off, and God took it for me.
I know for sure that I am saved, and I never have to doubt again!!! Im looking forward to getting baptised to publicly announce my salvation!
Thats my testimony and I hope you enjoyed. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment